I often club oatmeal with either rice, wheat or moong daal cereal in varying quantities to to whip up a filling wholesome meal. These options work well for lunch, dinner or even breakfast.
Heres what I do:
Cook the oats and the choice of cereal to a thick consistency and add in the fruit/veg mash. With a pinch of ground nutmeg or cinnamon for seasoning the meal is a real treat. I do not feel the need to add sugar to any of this since all these are all naturally sweet items.
To be served cool:
- Custard apple + Oatmeal
- Banana + Oatmeal
- Melon + Oatmeal
To be served warm: (tip-Baked apple, pear & pumpkin seems to retain more flavour)
- Apple + Oatmeal + Choice of cereal + Ground Nutmeg or Cinnamon
- Pumpkin + Oatmeal + Choice of cereal + Ground Cinnamon
- Pear + Choice of cereal + Ground Nutmeg or Cinnamon
- Beetroot + Pumpkin + Oatmeal + Choice of cereal
- Carrots + Choice of cereal + Ground Nutmeg