T’s second introduction to Indian flavours was a success! He lapped it up like a little puppy. I say second because the first time around when I tried it with ‘Moong Daal Khichadi’ he outright rejected it. I think this time though he was ready for it. Especially since he has started showing interest in what we eat.
Since he readily accepts most food, I do not force feed him, I prefer waiting it out and letting him guide me into the flavours. For the longest time he hated the taste of Ghee, now he’s more accepting of it. So if he rejects a ‘masala’ or an ingredient I know I’ll just have to wait it out and re-introduce it when the time is right.
This preparation is really easy and very delicious. The sweetness comes from the pumpkin and red carrots.
Heres what you will need:
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/2 cup finely diced pumpkin
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spinach
- 4 table spoons Instant oats or steamed dalia (wheat,corn or any of your choice)
- One tablespoon of ghee
- Hint of haldi & hing
- Hint of salt
Serves: Two meals
Heres what you will need to do:
- Saute the carrots, pumpkin & spinach in ghee, add water so it doesn’t stick to the base of the pan or burn
- Once cooked (nice and soft), add the cooked dalia and let it simmer. Add water to adjust the consistency to your preference
- For instant oats, add in the desired amount of oats with water and let it come to a boil. This should take a few mins
- Serve warm