Last night I made a veggie bake for dinner. I thought, why should only we have all the fun? Let T enjoy it too. Only one problem, he still has NO teeth! So, I made a stove top bake for him with shredded veggies.
The whole dish is very easy to make. It’s cooked on the stove top and finished off in the oven, to add the ‘drama’ of course! After all, it is a bake dish. ;)
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 cup shredded Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped Spinach
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 1 medium size potato finely chopped
One can use any number or combinations of veggies. Broccoli, peppers, zucchini the list is endless.
- A knob of butter (can use plain or slated)
- 1/2 cup of fresh cream
- 1 cup of milk
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Water to cook the veg in
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan sauté all the veggies in butter
- Add a cup of water to steam and soften the veggies
- Once cooked real well, add in the milk, cheese and fresh cream
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Keep it on the stove for a few mins and then take it off
- Transfer it to an oven friendly ware and garnish with more cheddar cheese
- Bake for 5 mins
- Serve it once it cools
Happy to say T loved his dinner and needless to say its perfect for babies with no teeth!