I’ve been thinking of developing Indian style gravy subzi’s (curries) for T to get him familiarised with the flavours. So this is the first of hopefully many to come, baby style Methi (fenugreek) Mattar Malai.
- 1 Cup green peas boiled and coarsely mashed
- 1 Cup chopped methi
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- Pinch of cumin powder
- 1 Small pod of grated garlic (optional)
- 1/2 Cup fresh cream
- 1 Cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Warm the ghee in a wok and add the cumin powder
- Add the garlic and cook until soft
- Add in the Methi and sauté till its cooked
- Once cooked, add the boiled mashed peas
- Pour in the fresh cream and milk and simmer on low, careful not to boil for long since the cream and milk can split
- Add salt to taste
Serve with bread/chapatti or as is.