I am concluding the ‘Eggs’travaganza week on a sweet note. It’s the classic french toast with a dusting of cinnamon snow making it one sweet deal.
Here’s what you need:
- One slice of bread
- One egg yolk whisked with 3 tbsp of milk
- Pinch of sugar (I use the organic raw kinds)
- Butter for frying
- Cinnamon snow (a little icing sugar mixed with cinnamon powder)
- Break the eggs into a wide, shallow bowl and beat lightly with a fork and mix in the sugar and milk.
- Over medium-low heat, heat pan coated with a thin layer of butter or ghee
- Place the bread slice into the bowl of the egg mix, letting slices soak up the mixture for a few seconds, then carefully turn to coat the other side
- Transfer bread slice to the pan, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
- Serve French toast warm with butter and a dusting of the cinnamon snow on top
The ‘Eggs’travaganza Week was challenging for sure but fun none the less. If you’d like to share your ‘eggy’ breakfast specials I’d love to read about them and try them out!
Thank you for reading.