Clearly I am in love with making popsicles! If you are a big fan of Bounty then you are going to love this one. I came across the original coconut cream popsicle recipe on Smilemonsters, a lovely mum-run blog packed with craft ideas and recipes. Since I love the combination of chocolate and coconut I spun my own take on it.
Coconut milk supposedly has wonderful health benefits. Amongst many the one that caught my attention was that it’s said to be a rich source of lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that is abundant in mother’s milk. 5 gold stars just for that one.
- Drinking chocolate
- Coconut milk
- Food colour
- Lolly moulds
- Make a small amount of drinking chocolate for the first layer and pour into the lolly mould, let it freeze
- Prepare the next layer with sugar and coconut milk (white) and pour over the chocolate layer, let that set
- Set aside a small amount of the sweetened coconut milk and add a drop of food colour to it. Pour over the white layer, let it set
- Finally once the blue lair sets, pour the remaining coconut milk (white) and let it all harden out
- Pour the layers ONLY when the one underneath is set or else the colours will bleed into each other like they did for me since I got too impatient too soon!
- Also you could insert the candy stick when the white layer is semi formed so that it holds its place.