When I decided to make these I was super skeptical. Would they turn out fine? Would the sticky goop that comes from cutting up the veg allow it to be baked well? This and that! However, once I baked them, they were the best things I’d ever eaten. Light, crunchy and cooked right through. These served as excellent finger food for T and accompanied rather well with our afternoon chai.
- A few Okras (ladies’ fingers), sliced thinly
- 1 Teaspoon Olive oil
- Cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and towel dry the Okra
- Cut them in thin slices
- Create a semi-dry batter by mixing all the ingredients
- Mix really well the cut okra in it
- Pop into the oven for about 10 – 15 mins on 200°C
- Toss them around once to avoid burning
- Remove from oven once they have started to crisp and let them rest
- Serve them to your toddler when cool and pop some yourself, with chai or coffee!
- Please keep a watch, for they burn easy
- These will not remain crunchy for long so consume immediately