These thin shreds are super crunchy and yum! The smacking tang from the chaat masala went very well with the inherent sweetness of the sweet potato making it impossible for either T or us to stop at just a few.
Chaat masala is a mix of spices found in the Indian subcontinent. It typically consists of amchoor (dry mango powder), cumin, coriander, dried ginger, salt, black pepper, asafoetida and chili powder. We sprinkle this magic mix on almost anything when we need a burt of flavour to our dish.
- 1 Sweet Potato large, Shredded
- 1 Teaspoon Olive oil
- A sprinkle of ‘Chaat’ masala
- Scrub the sweet potato clean under water
- Dry it well with a kitchen towel
- Shred with the skin on
- Rub the seasoning and olive oil onto the strips
- Pop into the oven for about 10 – 15 mins on 200C
- Toss them around once to avoid burning
- Remove from oven once they have started to crisp and let them rest
Note: Please keep a watch, for they burn easy