So, today I am ending ‘The 7 Healthy Chips Week’ with a veggie that’s not really on our ‘top of the mind recall’. Though, it’s been quoted to be one of the most nutritious vegetables out there. Supremely rich in antioxidants, eggplant also hosts a wide range of multivitamins and mineral viz. manganese, potassium, folate, vitamin B1, B6, B3 to name a few.
Often shallow fried coated in a generously seasoned batter or a semolina rub, these chips make great lunch/dinner sides. For adults of course.
This version is mild enough for toddlers, and serves as a great first introduction to a new veggie.
- Half a eggplant
- 1 Teaspoon Olive oil
- A sprinkle of cornflour or rice flour
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Mixed herbs mix
- 1 Tbsp of water
- Slice into thins, the eggplant
- Create a semi-wet batter by mixing all the ingredients
- Mix really well all the ingredients, make sure you rub the mix with a light hand
- Pop into the oven for about 10 – 15 mins on 200°C
- flip them over once to avoid burning
- Remove from oven once they have started to crisp and let them rest
- Serve them to your toddler when cool
Note: These chips are part crunchy and part soft