When you have a toddler and an infant below a year, one pot dishes really come to your rescue, especially with the limited amount of time I seem to have at hand to tend to ALL their needs. haha!
Trilok wanted noodles for dinner I wanted him to have his veggies we compromised and I made him some noodle soup. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! This one’s a breeze to make and is pretty tasty too.
Recipe courtesy, my super mom BFF from Winty’s Kitchen on Instagram.
Here’s what you will need:
A bunch of veggies chopped coarsely. One can use absolutely anything!
- Celery sticks small
- French Beans
- Garlic pods
- Salt and pepper to tase
- Butter for a quick stir fry
- Noodles (one could select the whole wheat kinds too)
- Sauté the veg in deep sauce pan, add the seasoning and dunk in the veggies and noodles for a bit.
- Add a couple of cups of water to immerse the veggies and noodles in completely and let it all come to a boil. Keep a watch and let it remain soupy.
- Keep a watch and do not let everything overcook. My son likes a little crunch to his veg so I keep it that way. Plus I wouldn’t want the noodles to turn into an overcooked mush.
- Serve warm.
It makes for a really yum dinner for adults too. Pop in some dinner rolls with garlic butter in the oven and the whole family is good to go!
Bon Appétit folks!