My son LOVES paneer. I am almost certain it’s genetic. So here I was hoarding almost half a kilo of paneer on account of guests who couldn’t make it. The best thing to do in which case, was to have a paneer bonanza for three consecutive meals and Boy oh boy! did my little man go bananas! Worked well for me because I was able to successfully put away all that cottage cheese into hungry little stomachs without a fuss.
Grilled tandoori paneer is one of my favorites too. I often have it for lunch or dinner, just that alone loaded with a bunch of veg and a side of soup.
So, thanks to all that cottage cheese here’s part one of a three part ‘In LOVE with Paneer’ entries.
For the yoghurt Marinade:
- Yoghurt, one table spoon
- Garam masala
- Chaat masala
- Cumin power, roasted
- Aamchur powder (dry mango)
- Fresh Ginger & garlic paste
- Drizzle of olive oil
Mix all ingredients and set aside.
For the Dish:
- Chopped pieces of paneer
- peppers, yellow, green and red, diced into chunks
- spring onions, for a sprinkle over the finished dish
- red onions, diced coarse
- and whatever other veg takes your fancy
- Combine the marinade and the veg well and set it aside in the fridge for a few hours
- Pop into the oven on 210 for about 20 minutes or until the dish shows signs of charring
- Squeeze a dash of lime and garnish with fresh spring onions finely diced and coriander.
Enjoy the dish warm and fresh outta the oven, when the top of the paneer is just the right amount of char & crisp and the veg is singing in all that juice!! Trilok had his with rotis.