Perhaps it’s too soon to be counting my chicken but the kids were SO peaceful this morning.
My son actually requested to be woken up by 6:15 am so that he could lend a helping hand in making the waffles! The little one too joined in and although in my mind I was in a mad rush to wrap up this DIY breakfast, I kept my cool and got them to stir and mix and rush off for their baths! Phew!
As expected breakfast was a breeze with “thank you mamma” and “I love this mamma” and “I will eat my fruit before I eat this breakfast”, where in God’s name did that come from?!?!?!?! Wherever it came from I was happy to oblige.
So, day 02 was a success and Day 03 promises to be easier because its just cereal. Yay!
Banana & Raisins Wholewheat Waffles
- 3 tbsp. of Multigrain whole wheat flour (a close friend recommended the multigrain mix, great idea!)
- 1 Egg
- Milk (just enough) to make the whole thing into a batter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- Whole raisins
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts, pistachios (optional)
- Cocoa powder for dusting (optional)
- Peanut butter for drizzling over the top (optional)
Mix everything up and whisk into a batter. Pour into a waffle mould or a waffle maker and make delicious waffles!
I drizzled delicious sugar free peanut butter over the top with cocoa dust.
Stay tuned in, Next up: Cereal
Thank you for reading!