I was lucky to get my hands on some lovely handmade noodles from Nutty Fresh (IG: nutty_fresh). The children love noodles and I thought of experimenting a little.
I found a great recipe which had easy alternatives to the missing ingredients, plus added a few of my own and lunch was a relaxed and delicious deal!
- Coconut milk
- Cumin whole or powdered
- Coriander powder
- Red chilly (dried or de seeded, fresh)
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- lemongrass stalk with leaves
- Salt to taste
- Veggies of choice: I’ve taken zucchini green and yellow, red pepper & Spring onion
- Grind the Cumin (whole or powdered), Coriander powder, Ginger, Onion, Red chilly (dried or de seeded, fresh), Garlic, Turmeric with a tablespoon of coconut milk.
- Set aside
- In a wok / kadhai, add coconut oil and sauté finely chopped garlic and lightly sauté the veg.
- Add the fresh paste you just made to the mix.
- Add coconut milk and water (go easy on the water)
- Bring to a boil until the veg is almost cooked
- Add chopped fresh parsley, basil, lemon zest and spring onions. Cook for a minute more approx.
- Add salt and jaggery to taste
- Add the lime juice
- Make noodles separately.
- Serve the noodles and the curry in a bowl. Garnish with onion chives, chili flakes, dash more of lime if need be.
- Serve the noodles dunked in the warm curry and toppings.
I am a very instinctive cook so I don’t really do measurements but here’s the link of the site where I got the recipe from.
How do you like your noodles?