So it’s the end of the self assigned breakfast challenge which I put myself through in an attempt to end this feud that me and my first were going through.
Combatting tears and tantrums over breakfast had me over the edge every single day. At the end of the week though, I realized that my baby is growing up. I need to give him room for decision making. Not just at breakfast but even at day to day choices. The power of choice can be truly empowering in a good constructive way. I suppose I had to go through this exercise to realize that.
Moving on, hopefully him and me can reach midway to make our lives easier.
Here’s what he wanted to end his week with. It’s his absolute favorite item and he can have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a snack!
- 1 Egg, soft boiled (3 to 4mins)
- 1 Tbsp, Mayo
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery to taste
- Mustard powder to taste
- Pepper to taste
- A slice of multigrain bread
- Finely chopped spring onion and peppers or choice of topping
- Drizzle of Olive oil (optional)
- Mix everything together and top off warm toast with the egg mayo mix. Garnish with the chopped onions and peppers.
- Make grilled sandwich with the egg mayo as sandwich stuffing. Either way it’s delicious!
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading through our breakfast challenge.
Thank you for reading!
Perhaps it’s too soon to be counting my chicken but the kids were SO peaceful this morning.
My son actually requested to be woken up by 6:15 am so that he could lend a helping hand in making the waffles! The little one too joined in and although in my mind I was in a mad rush to wrap up this DIY breakfast, I kept my cool and got them to stir and mix and rush off for their baths! Phew!
As expected breakfast was a breeze with “thank you mamma” and “I love this mamma” and “I will eat my fruit before I eat this breakfast”, where in God’s name did that come from?!?!?!?! Wherever it came from I was happy to oblige.
So, day 02 was a success and Day 03 promises to be easier because its just cereal. Yay!
Banana & Raisins Wholewheat Waffles
- 3 tbsp. of Multigrain whole wheat flour (a close friend recommended the multigrain mix, great idea!)
- 1 Egg
- Milk (just enough) to make the whole thing into a batter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- Whole raisins
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts, pistachios (optional)
- Cocoa powder for dusting (optional)
- Peanut butter for drizzling over the top (optional)
Mix everything up and whisk into a batter. Pour into a waffle mould or a waffle maker and make delicious waffles!
I drizzled delicious sugar free peanut butter over the top with cocoa dust.
Stay tuned in, Next up: Cereal
Thank you for reading!