This one is SO simple I cannot believe I did not think of combining these two super foods together for Trilok earlier. Sometimes the obvious is just right there staring back at me and I blissfully avoid it. Thankfully not anymore, not for these two at least.
Avocado and Eggs. Combining them is not rocket science and there could be so many different ways of doing it. I’ve picked the easiest for this quick fix breakfast recipe.
Avocado and Eggs Scramble
- A wedge of fresh ripe Avocado, cut and coarsely mashed
- One egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- Olive oil
- Coarse mash the avocado and beat the egg and milk into the mash
- Make scrambled eggs as you would normally do
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm
- Garnish with cheese (optional)
Last week my aunt shared this fantastic recipe. Once I tried it, I was thrilled at the result. The Egg Muffins as they’re called, are yum and can be prepped for in a flash. Though cooking time is a bit much, these are great for breakfast, an evening snack or even something that I would consider as a lunch box or a travel food item for T.
You can add virtually anything to these muffins from veggies to mushrooms, cottage cheese to poultry, fish or even meat. I’ve used a mix of veggies for these.
- 1 large Eggs, beaten
- Zucchini, chopped
- Yellow Pepper, chopped
- Carrot, Grated
- 1 Tablespoon of Milk
- Herb mix
- Salt & Pepper
- Cupcake mould
- Baking cups
- Beat the eggs with the milk along with the herb mix and seasoning
- Lightly grease the baking cups
- Add the chopped veggies to the cups
- Pour the egg mix over the veggies until the veggies have submerged
- Bake on 200°C for about 20-25 mins
- Serve when cool
Recipe Credit: https://www.facebook.com/signaturewedding/photos/a.10150144552818056.341289.256187368055/10153312121478056/?type=1&fref=nf&pnref=story