I’ve always tried to keep juices as packed with flavour as possible. Be it with an addition of some lime juice, ginger or even a pinch of freshly ground spices (cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon etc.). I know as T grows up, it’ll get increasingly difficult to have control over when and where he’s been given terra pack juices, but I am hoping he’ll develop a preference for mamma made natural ones over the ‘others’.
Here’s the video to the Apple, Beetroot Cinnamon juice.
Thank you for staying tuned in.
This day a year ago I wondered how the blog would pan out over time, and I am happy it’s still going strong. I hope I am able to pile on the entries with more recipes, tips and experiences as we get older, T and NomNomMum that is. So thank you all for appreciating, sharing and being a part of our journey. Also, what better way to celebrate than with some yummy carrot cake cupcakes? The baby loves them, we love them it’s a win win for all.
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of ghee
- 1/2 cup Demerara sugar
- 1/3 cup Yoghurt, thick/greek
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup Coconut, desiccated or freshly grated
- 1/3 cup Carrots, grated
- Mix the dry ingredients of set 01 and pass through a sieve. Set aside
- Whisk the ingredients of set 02 in a separate bowl for about 30 seconds on medium speed, except the eggs. Add the eggs in one at a time with a quick whisk. Set aside
- Combine set 01 and set 02 and whisk again for about 20 seconds
- Now, Add the coconut and the carrots (set 03). FOLD it into the batter until well incorporated. Do not over work the batter. Keep a light hand while folding
- Pour out the batter in cupcake moulds and top off with a sprinkle of oats OR pour into a buttered cake tin
- Bake for about 15-20 mins on 200°C or until golden brown
- Serve when cool
- Insert a fork or a toothpick into the cake to check if it’s done. The fork should come out clean
- Carrot cake tastes best with a cream cheese frosting :)