Wholewheat banana pancake.
Soft with light crisp skin. Delicious!
I’ve never made good wholewheat pancakes but today was a good day!
Breakfast was by special request from the kids and I didn’t want to defer their request like I do when it comes to pancakes.
• 1 ripe banana
• 3 eggs
• Approx. 2 to 2 1/2 cups of wholewheat flour (I am an instinctive cook so I don’t follow strict measurements)
• Water to adjust consistency of the batter
• Some sugar
• Cinnamon powder
• Vanilla extract
• The smallest, tiny pinch of fruit salt
• Blitz everything in a blender (and this I think was the key to the perfect batter)
• Make a runny batter to the desired consistency
• Heat pan
• Simmer a dollop of butter and pour the pancake batter with a ladle. Flip when it’s starts to brown.
Serve drizzled with honey, peanut butter, berries anything you please.
We accompanied ours with some fried eggs on toast.