So it’s the end of the self assigned breakfast challenge which I put myself through in an attempt to end this feud that me and my first were going through.
Combatting tears and tantrums over breakfast had me over the edge every single day. At the end of the week though, I realized that my baby is growing up. I need to give him room for decision making. Not just at breakfast but even at day to day choices. The power of choice can be truly empowering in a good constructive way. I suppose I had to go through this exercise to realize that.
Moving on, hopefully him and me can reach midway to make our lives easier.
Here’s what he wanted to end his week with. It’s his absolute favorite item and he can have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a snack!
- 1 Egg, soft boiled (3 to 4mins)
- 1 Tbsp, Mayo
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery to taste
- Mustard powder to taste
- Pepper to taste
- A slice of multigrain bread
- Finely chopped spring onion and peppers or choice of topping
- Drizzle of Olive oil (optional)
- Mix everything together and top off warm toast with the egg mayo mix. Garnish with the chopped onions and peppers.
- Make grilled sandwich with the egg mayo as sandwich stuffing. Either way it’s delicious!
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading through our breakfast challenge.
Thank you for reading!