Last weekend we tried our hands at a fun little cooking activity with a rather satisfying payout!
The kids (with appropriate supervision) made a super easy 3 ingredient strawberry preserve that got slathered on buttery toast at the end! uuummmYUM!
- Strawberries, chopped
- Lemon Juice, a few tablespoons
- Sugar or Jaggery
Ratio of strawberries to sugar/jaggery: 2:1
- In a saucepan, throw in the diced strawberries and sugar
- Leave on sim until nice and pulpy
- Keep stirring until the desired consistency is achieved
- Add the lime juice after it cools down a bit
- Store away in a sterile glass jar
Enjoy on buttered toast, chapatis, yoghurt, crackers etc.